Campaign Co-ordinator for South Cambridgeshire Liberal Democrats
£22,000 - £24,000 (pro rata) with employment conditions in accordance with Lib Dem guidelines
Part-time (3 days per week), fixed term contract until 31st May 2018. With prospect of renewal after that date and possibility of offer of increased hours.
An exciting role designed to build on the success of the Liberal Democrats in South Cambridgeshire, in the county council and mayoral elections, where we matched the Conservative share of the vote at 40% each.
Now, as we turn our attentions to the district council elections next May as well as longer term preparations for the next General Election, we need a highly motivated, experienced Campaign Co-ordinator to help build on our success to date.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your campaigning skills and build a track record of success in a promising area for the party. The South Cambs Lib Dems team have gained lots of experience of good election campaigns – this is your chance to join an experienced, committed and enthusiastic team!
The post will be accountable to the South Cambs Campaign Coordinating Group (CCG), and by written report to the executive committee. The line manager will be appointed from within the CCG.
Given the rural nature of the South Cambs District the successful applicant will require a full UK driving license and regular access to a vehicle.
- To aid in the development, updating and delivery of the campaign plan as part of the Campaign Coordinating Group, as agreed by the local party executive and to an agreed budget.
- To help manage the local party’s communication and messaging grids. Working with local party officers, the District Group, the County Group, the PPC and other key stakeholders to ensure the local party has a coordinated approach to all communications for this campaign.
- To liaise and develop effective communication with wards; to disseminate information to councillors and campaigners; to assist wards with membership recruitment, development and organisational campaigning and literature support, assisted by a campaign assistant where available.
- To support all wards to develop effective multi-channel community campaigns.
- To manage the design and production of local party and other literature as necessary including leaflets, street letters and other material.
- To ensure the preparation and distribution of literature and other campaigning material, assisted by campaign assistants where available.
- To undertake such other duties as the line manager may require to further effective communication, campaigning and organisation in the local party.
- Provide material for campaigning teams, for ongoing ward campaigning and for larger scale campaigning action days including data for canvassers, assisted by campaign assistants where available.
- Experience of mobilising volunteers and building good relationships
- Evidence of previous successful, effective communication activities
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills with an advanced, up-to-date knowledge of social media and Microsoft Office
- A self starter, able to work independently or as part of a team as needed without significant supervision
- Motivated to promote and deliver the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats.
It would be desirable if the candidate had some experience of training others, particularly in the use of Connect, MiniVan, election campaigns and general campaigning.
This post would ideally suit a candidate looking to develop their campaigning and organisational skills. Additional training can be provided if required. For candidates with strong transferable skills, training can be provided on the specific software and systems used by the party.
Applications in the form of a CV, including the names and addresses of referees (we will not approach them without your permission) to: email@example.com. For an informal chat about the post, call Clare Delderfield on 01223 837742.
Closing date 4th December 2017. Interviews are likely to be on Thursday 7th December in the South Cambs or Cambridge area,